I hear you are feeling overwhelmed. Well, you are not alone. As women, we tend to take on so much responsibility. Our caring nature as women takes over.
So what do you need to do to get out of feeling overwhelmed?
Well, let’s start with a few simple steps.
- Stop trying to please everyone. At some point in time, you have to so “No”. That is such a little word but will give you so much power. Get rid of anything and anybody that is not serving you. It gets easier to say no, the more you do it. Maybe at first saying no will have you cringing or hiding and not answering your phone, but trust me, it does get easier.
- Stop putting yourself down and comparing yourself to others. You have no idea what other people are really going through. Do not compare yourselves to other women on Social Media. Those woman, or at least some of them, are not living the dream life that they are talking about and portraying. Do we really know what is going on behind closed doors?
- Don’t fear change. Fear is another bad four letter F word. On the other side of fear is the life that you have imagined. Go get it. Change is good and can be the proverbial kick in the pants you need to shake things up and move you towards reaching your goals. Get a little adrenaline pumping through those veins? Change is good.
- Ladies, DO NOT LIVE IN THE PAST!!! Don’t look back because you are not going that way. The past is the past. If you have had a hard challenging life, guess what? It’s in the past! Bad relationship? You got out of it. It’s in the past! Weight issues? It’s in the past. So let the past stay there and be thankful it’s contribution to being you. Be thankful for the memories, lessons, and strengths it gave you. Now move on!!!
- Do not over think things!! Ah, this again comes from the fact we are women and we have estrogen cursing through our veins. Let me give you an example. A man might hear the line “hey are those pants new?” Women hear “hey are those pants new?” Right away we look down and wonder why do they look funny? Do they make my butt look big? Are they out of style? Right? I know you hear me, ladies. Bottom line is. Don’t over think things. If you get a compliment, accept it. Does not mean there is an underlying meaning. It is simply a compliment. Taking things at face value is the greatest thing we can do for ourselves.
Seems simple right? Well, it is. Overwhelm is a mindset. It can be overcome and it can be changed with the right tools and guidance Overwhelm will no longer be part of your life and no longer be an issue.
ENJOYING THIS CONTENT?
COME JOIN OUR WOMEN’S ONLY – LIFE, DIVORCE + HARDSHIP SUPPORT GROUP ON FACEBOOK!
ALL ABOUT ENCOURAGING ONE ANOTHER TO LIVE IN YOUR TRUTH!!! – CLICK HERE TO JOIN!!
LOVED WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Join the Living Your Truth newsletter today and never miss another blog post again.
Let me guide you step by step in designing the life you want. The time for change is now!