SELF CARE, TRULY IS THE BEST CARE!
So you’ve stopped caring for yourself. What’s your excuse? Depressed over weight gain? Depressed about a marital breakup? Depressed but not even sure why? I hear ya!!!!
I’ve been there. But when you are in a rut, stuck, confused and basically unhappy in life and love, you stop caring for yourself. It stops right now!!!!!
Focusing on your own self-care doesn’t mean you should desert your family or friends and live in some exotic place, (hmm that sounds good actually). It means, that you take small little breaks and moments of time that allow you to realign yourself, find that happiness that once lived in you and reignite it once again.
Make it a daily practice to enjoy life’s little moments and here are some examples of how to do just that.
1. Go for a walk.
2. Rest. Your body has a loud voice, listen when it talks to you.
4. Get out in the sun. Let that Vitamin D invigorate you.
5. Take a bubble bath with your favorite music on.
6. Look into a program or course that you have always wanted to take.
7. Be a tourist in your own town. Plan a staycation for the day with some of your best gals.
8. Clean out your closet or kitchen cupboards. (Seriously this can make such a huge difference in your life).
9. Buy some flowers.
10. Snuggle on the couch and watch your favorite movie… again
11. Call a friend and just talk about anything, nothing. Don’t get heavy.
12. Go for a run.
13. Read about essential oils and how they can help and then buy some.
14. Turn out all the lights and light a million candles. The ambiance alone will lift you up.
15. Splurge on a new shirt, or shoes, or lipstick.
16. Get up from your desk and take a 5-minute break. Stretch and breathe.
17. Find some recipes you been dying to try and cook the dish.
18. Go on Pinterest and pin your ideal life if money were no object
19. Watch the sunset
20. Watch the sunrise
21. Write in your journal.
22. Be grateful for all that you already have in your life.
If you neglect to take care of yourself, you will find yourself breaking down, physically and mentally. So do yourself and all those around you a HUGE favor. Fill your self-help/ self-love tank, so that you can be a happier better person and those around you will reap the rewards of a happier healthier you!
ENJOYING THIS CONTENT?
COME JOIN OUR WOMEN’S ONLY – LIFE, DIVORCE + HARDSHIP SUPPORT GROUP ON FACEBOOK!
ALL ABOUT ENCOURAGING ONE ANOTHER TO LIVE IN YOUR TRUTH!!! – CLICK HERE TO JOIN!!